Friday, February 27, 2009

I Wanna Testify!


A few weeks ago, we headed east to BOTT. My husband drove the first half of the trip and I drove the second half. Just after we crossed the Texas-Louisiana border, I noted that the speed limit changed...but as I drove I gradually picked my speed back up until the officer in Many clocked me doing 70 in a 55 M.P.H. zone. He was polite, all the while writing a ticket and explaining what I had to do. I got back in the car and was determined to be more mindful of the speed limit.

 I was sick about the amount of money that was sure to cost. I knew we had a special offering coming up, we were working on paying off debt, etc. and I just didn't want to "waste" money. But we discussed it and decided that when we got back I would take defensive driving, it wouldn't go on my record, and maybe our insurance would even go down...this could be a blessing in disguise! So I prayed and told the Lord, "This is not our money, it's yours. I know I was wrong for speeding and I'll pay whatever consequences you think necessary. But Lord, you see what we're trying to do with our money and I just ask that you would have your perfect way in this matter."

Well, we got home, I called the Many Sheriff's office, and I was disappointed to learn that taking defensive driving for a ticket wasn't an alternative they allowed...and this ticket would cost me $190! But, the girl said, I could talk to the District Attorney's office and see if they would amend the ticket to a lesser charge. So, I did. They told me the DA would review my request and I would receive a letter in the mail.

Now, to be honest, I didn't think for a minute that they would do it. I mean, why would they? Just because I asked? So I just resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have to pay the full amount. A few days ago, though, in my prayer time, the Lord reminded me that I had placed that situation into His hands and He convicted me of my unbelief. So I repented and placed it into His hands again.

Yesterday, I got a letter from the District Attorney's office in Many, LA. I'd like to share it with you:
"Dear Misti Ferguson:
In reference to the above traffic citation, I am pleased to inform you that I have amended it to NO SEATBELT which will not affect your driving record. You will need to remit a fine in the amount of $50...."


Isn't God AMAZING? He is so faithful to hear and answer our prayers if we will just bring them to Him and then trust Him! I'm so thankful for his constant care in my life....God is Good!

1 comment:

Tracie Smith said...

Whoo Hoo! Amazing how different states have different laws. In Texas the no seat belt law would have cost more than the $50 and even more than the original amount. God does help us in MANY ways!