Thursday, November 6, 2008

Yummmmm...

Technically, fall is here...although you can't tell it in Texas! So even though it's not cold yet, I'm already in the mood for soup!

Here is my favorite Corn Chowder recipe...it's my favorite because it's yummy and it's easy! It's also my favorite because Joel likes it better than Carrie's potato soup!!! LOL

Corn Chowder
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. butter
2 oz. cream cheese
1 can (14 3/4 oz.) cream style corn
6 oz. can cubed cooked ham (sometimes I use leftover fresh ham)
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) new potatoes (drained)
1 can (15 1/4 oz.) sweet corn
1 cup shredded smoked cheddar, swiss or gouda cheese
green onion slivers for garnish
salt, pepper, and other seasonings to taste

Stir all ingredients together in large pan over medium heat.
Bring to boil.
Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring regularly.
Simmer until you can't stand it anymore and just HAVE to eat it! (that's what I do!)

This recipe takes about 30 minutes to make and serves about 4 regular sized servings.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Yvette said...

Hmmmmmm, this sounds yum yum!!! I'm going to have to make this soon!!! :)

Love you!!!

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Sounds good!!! I love the soup time of the year. We had taco soup last night. Thanks for sharing...love you!

Tracie Smith said...

Sounds good!!!

Carrie Blair said...

I love this soup. I was going to ask you if I bought the ingredients would you make it next week for the teachers.....since it is soooooo much better than mine! LOLOLOLOL according to Bro. Blair, love you!

Misti Ferguson said...

LOL You're a good sport, Sis. B! And I'll be happy to make it next week!

KAN said...

I want some too. Sounds, WAY yummy!!!

However, I haven't eaten corn or much potatoes in years.

Anybody for a great vegetable soup!!!!