Saturday, November 8, 2008

It Makes all the Difference...All the Difference in the World!

Yay! What a great, relaxing weekend this has been… My husband actually had today off and my mom-in-law came to visit us! She got into town at 11:30 last night and we stayed up late visiting. Then we got up this morning and had a yummy breakfast, did some shopping, ate lunch and then came back to the house for a quiet, restful, afternoon.

This evening we enjoyed pork chops, baked carrots and broccoli cheese rice for dinner. Now we are sitting in front of the fire having caramel apple cake and visiting. Yeah, I know...we Texans will use any excuse we can find to have a fire!

I really enjoy spending time with my mom-in-law. She has so many wonderful qualities. One thing I love about her is that she is so humble. She doesn’t put on airs or try to be something she’s not. She’s also one of the hardest working people I’ve ever known. I also love how kind and compassionate she is towards everyone…one time (this is for you, Sis. Alba!) we were riding in the car with a loopy elderly person (who shall remain unnamed)and she and Jackie were in the backseat. They were having the nicest little chat and Jackie was even asking her advice on something. The elderly person kept repeating the phrase, “It makes all the difference...all the difference in the world!” To this day, Chris and I still laugh when anyone says, “It makes all the difference...all the difference in the world!”
Anyway, Jackie’s a great lady and I’m glad she’s my mom-in-law.

Well, now they’ve started playing a game and they want me to come join in the fun, so I guess I’ll sign off for now!

1 comment:

Carrie Blair said...

I am glad you got to spend time with your favorite peeps and pup!! Love you!!