Monday, January 26, 2009

Resting in Him...

He holds the key of all unknown
And I am glad.
If other hands should hold the key,
Or if He trusted it to me,
I might be sad.

What if tomorrows cares were here
Without its rest?
I'd rather He unlocked the day,
And as the hours swing open say,
"My will is best."

Enough, this covers all my wants!
And so I rest.
For what I cannot, He can see,
And in His care I safe shall be,
Forever blessed!
-Grace Livingston Hill

Tonight I'm just so thankful for Him. His peace is encompassing and His love wraps around me like a warm blanket. What a privilege to know Him!
I pray peace and blessings on all of you...sleep tight!

3 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Grace Livingston Hill has always been one of my favs. You are one of my favs, too!!!

@mafost said...

I enjoyed this.
"What if tomorrow's cares were here
Without its rest?"
I can relate.

Misti Ferguson said...

Mr. Fox-ster (as your students used to say)! Wow..I didn't even know you looked at my blog! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!