Friday, September 12, 2008

True Confessions!

Ok, I have a confession to make. Full disclosure. Here it is. Ready?


I LIKE IKE! (Sort of)


See, it’s like this. My husband works retail; I teach school. We just don’t get a lot of time off at the same time. But since Ike is coming to town we’ve closed CCS, the store is closed and we’re staying HOME!

I am concerned for the safety of everyone in the area and we ourselves have taken precautions to prepare (we’re not in the mandatory evacuation area)…but YEA!!! I’m home with my sweetheart!!!

Last night, we actually had an “Ike and Harry” party! Harry is a good friend of ours who has been out of town working for the past couple of weeks so we invited him over for dinner. Harry was also kind enough to help Chris with some hurricane preparation work. We had lasagna and salad, iced tea, garlic toast, chocolate cake and Costa Rican coffee (thanks Paul and Stephanie!). We had such a good time… Good food, good company, good coffee…a good time had by all - what more could we ask for?

Today we made our final Ike preparations and now we’re just waiting for Ike to come in.

We did sleep late, had a big, delicious breakfast and have been playing toys with Caesar…and we definitely plan to take a fat nap later today!

I sincerely hope and pray that everyone is safe during this storm…but in the meantime we’re taking full advantage!

Here’s a slideshow of our Ike and Harry party…Enjoy!

2 comments:

Carrie Blair said...

Oh girl...I like Ike too! Spending time with Joeland my boys. We are playing games together, eating, laughing, we all got new books to read....aww what fun...be safe! love ya'll!

Tracie Smith said...

Ok, I'm tired of Ike....the house is hot and humid....I've had enough of that 'ole boy!