Monday, August 24, 2009

Asian Chicken and Rice Recipe

Here's the stir-fry recipe I tried tonight. It was so easy and yummy that I know my husband won't ever let me go back to the way I used to do my stir-fry! Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 tbsp. soy sauce
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 tsp. paprika
1 can (10 1/2) oz. condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 1/4 cups water
2 cups minute rice
2 cups frozen stir fry vegetables (thawed)

1. Heat oil in 10" skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until well browned on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet.
2. Stir soup, water, soy sauce, paprika, black pepper and ginger in skillet. Heat to a boil.
3. Add rice and vegetables to skillet. Stir. Reduce heat to low. Return chicken to skillet. Sprinkle additional paprika and black pepper, if desired, over chicken. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 4 servings

Here are the changes I made:
I used frozen chicken breast...they're easier to just pull out as much as I need for a recipe. I defrosted them in the microwave, cut them in bite sized chunks, and then browned them in olive oil, not vegetable oil.

Happy Cooking!

1 comment:

Kelly Ann Taylor said...

Hello, Sister Misti!

i will miss seeing your smiling face every single day in the parking lot. you are an excellent teacher, and i want you to know how much i appreciate your work and labor of love!

Casey begged me to home school her this year. I was reticent to do so due to previous experiences but somehow felt it was a season to draw close again to my daughter's heart. she is extremely social, so i cannot imagine but the Lord confirmed it to me this weekend.

we are taking a mission prayer trip to Isreal and we are so involved in church. I serve in the prophetic and prayer dept in church, and now my husband has become the evangelism director. Casey will also serve alongside us.

Anyways, I was reading Sister Smith's blog this morning and clicked over to your page! I see you like to cook Asian!

I just posted a recipe for Thai Fried Rice on Saturday! Take a look at it when you have a chance!

Hugs!
Kelly Taylor