Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hello, Hello!

Hello to the blogging world! I have finally obeyed my Pastor’s wife and started blogging! Seriously, Sis. Smith knows how much I love to write and to teach and I’m sure that she realized what a great place this is to do just that. I appreciate all the times she has encouraged me and believed in me…sometimes more than I did myself. I believe it’s so important and needful for a woman who is further down the road to encourage and teach the ones coming behind them. When Paul writes of the “aged” or older woman teaching the younger, I honestly don’t believe that he is specifying a certain age. It occurred to me a few years ago that, in some respects, I am one of the “older” women! There are younger women coming after me that need me to show the way in some areas. Paul no doubt knew that, for evil or for good, the older women would teach the younger women and he admonished them to teach “good” things: like how to care for a husband and a family, what type of demeanor they should have, how to keep a home and to be submissive to the authority in their lives. Don’t be surprised if this blog seems to have many references to women and teaching that concerns women. I am forever indebted to some incredible, strong, talented and holy women who have taught me some things that I feel that I must pass to others. Don’t worry though…there will also be some other good, fun things! I hope that you will stop by often and hopefully you’ll find some things here to help and encourage you on your journey….

2 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Your blog looks AWESOME!!! I KNEW you could do it, girl. I do believe in you and can't wait to see what ALL God has in store for you. Welcome to blogerville!

Misti Ferguson said...

Thanks! Love you, Sis. S...